Baby Makes 5

Baby Makes 5

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Winter Warm-Ups











Trying to keep the winter blues at bay...the kids and I made this winter garland last week from 90% off Target ornaments leftover from Christmas...
(garland idea from http://www.memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/ - these say "winter" to me...mot Christmas. We also used sparkly, silver ornaments and cute wooden snowman ornaments too. I tied them all onto pom-pom fringe...we also made a wintry landscape for the mantle too, snowman, winter trees, white branches that emulate a tree and a glitter snowman. I have lots of white candles and mercury glass that help to make it all very cozy and warm. I light my candles every night (favorite scent is "Winter" / Slatkin Candle Co. ) and we burn a fire almost nightly too. To "better" our view (who wants to see across the barren yard to the neighbors kitchen?!) we recycled our Christmas tree by putting it outside our window, on top of our table, we made lots of pine cone bird feeders to hang on it...it looks beautiful with all the snow on top of its branches and the birds are loving their new home. What are you doing to keep your home warm and cozy?


1 comment:

KK said...

What a wonderful idea to turn your Christmas tree into a bird feeder!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home Mom to 3 precious children! I am lucky enough to be married to the kindest, cutest, sweetest man! I love to do anything creative especially scrapbooking, taking pics, baking and crafting with the kids! I love design and throwing parties (especially for my babies) I love to cook, and entertain. I love my friends, my family and my faith. I am always striving to create a lovely home-life and make memories to last a lifetime!

Followers