Baby Makes 5

Baby Makes 5

Monday, September 27, 2010

Donut Birthday




Never to early to start planning a party in my book...If I had more time and money and hands, I am pretty sure I would have reason to celebrate at least a few times a week...

So, with both my boys having December birthdays I try and get their part-planning done early - on to control my stress level!

While I was at this great paper shop a few weeks ago downtown Chicago, I found the cutest invites that were primary colored polka dots and stripes, they open and hold a picture of your birthday boy/girl...I wasn't sure how I'd use them but I knew they would be cute for Christian's 3rd Birthday, so I bought them...
And, I think I have found my theme!...A donut party!  It will work great w/ the circles, who doesn't like donuts and it happens to be one of Christian's foods...go figure.  I also love to host parties for kids early in the day...they are happy, not ao tired, no one is napping and typically it is just easier.  I thought it would be fun to have all the kids (and parents too if they wanted) to wear their PJs and then in lieu of presents, I would ask them to bring a new pair of PJs and or book to benefit the Pajama Project as seen here: http://www.pajamaprogram.org/ - .


This party is my inspiration  as featured by Christi at P is for Party her site is filled with cute ideas!

http://pisforparty.blogspot.com/2009/06/delectable-doughnut-party_08.html

What do you think?

6 comments:

Susan said...

I think I want some of those Donuts!!! Where are they from? What a cool idea, thanks for sharing:-)

Landlocked Mermaid said...

I think that this is the most adorable idea!! So festive and you know the kids will just devour them! good thinkin.. xo

Kelly said...

Yummy and cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I had a donut party for Ryan's second birthday!!! So much fun! You're so organized... planning a December party in September :)

KK said...

I love it! We have been to a party in the am where the kids were asked to wear pj's and it was so, so fun!

Heather L. said...

Umm...anything involving donuts - I LOVE!!! Cute party idea! Can't wait to see what you do =)

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home Mom to 3 precious children! I am lucky enough to be married to the kindest, cutest, sweetest man! I love to do anything creative especially scrapbooking, taking pics, baking and crafting with the kids! I love design and throwing parties (especially for my babies) I love to cook, and entertain. I love my friends, my family and my faith. I am always striving to create a lovely home-life and make memories to last a lifetime!

Followers