Baby Makes 5

Baby Makes 5

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Summer Survival...


I just discovered this book and am so excited... I plan on truly using it as my Survival Guide...It is loaded with great ideas and crafts, etc. I feel especially challenged this Summer since Christian is more on the move and toddler-ish than last not to mention a son and daughter that not only are different genders but 3.5 years apart. Sometimes this makes for scheduling and activity challenges! I plan to take my que from Nanny 911 and do a schedule on poster board that the kids and I can all refer to...this will hopefully help avoid the constant nagging..."play with me" "what are we doing and where are we going today"," can I have another snack?", when is lunch, when can a friend come to play...blah, blah, blah! With that being said I have "scheduled" less camps and activities than last Summer and I really want the focus to be swimming and reading and just good old fashioned fun! So...check back with me mid June and we'll see if I still the feel same or if I have shipped them off to the grandparents for the Summer! So...what are your "survival" tips for Summer?


5 comments:

KK said...

Looks like a great book. I am already sort of dreading the summer...

Susan said...

I wish I would have had that book when my kids were little...as for my kiddo's, Austin is working all summer and Gabby & I will live at the club's pool:) gotta love that sunshine!!

Gindy said...

This book sounds great!!! My mom bought Harp this big water playground for the backyard. I think Christian and Harp would have a blast playing in it!!!! Would love to try to get together this week. I'm going to try to make it over Thurs. morn. before nap!!!!

Kasey said...

New to your blog. What cute clothes for the trunk show. Thanks for the tip on this book. I think I'll have to see if my library has this one. Blessings from Kalamazoo!!

yvonne said...

I am picking up a copy of this book today. After 10 months of playing games, singing and doing crafts all day long at pre-K, my boys think summers at home with mom are far from exciting.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home Mom to 3 precious children! I am lucky enough to be married to the kindest, cutest, sweetest man! I love to do anything creative especially scrapbooking, taking pics, baking and crafting with the kids! I love design and throwing parties (especially for my babies) I love to cook, and entertain. I love my friends, my family and my faith. I am always striving to create a lovely home-life and make memories to last a lifetime!

Followers