Baby Makes 5

Baby Makes 5

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cozy...


These little beauties are keeping my tootsies warm and helping me bear yet another cold, blustery, snowy day here in the Midwest, thank you to my sweetie for leaving these under the tree for me!...The good thing about this weather is it causes me to nest - to rearrange furniture/rooms, cook and bake more, organize closets, sort through toys and clothes and de-clutter and start the year off right, yes?! I am excited be/c I happened upon a great buy yesterday...I got a ton (6 units, 4 feet wide, with 4 shelves across) of shelving unit type thing-ies from Bed, Bath&Beyond yesterday for $36.00...perfect for the kids playroom - a big space that I am forever trying to cozy-up and bring order to. So, that's next week's BIG project, yet again, the Playroom!

In other exciting news, Christian took his first real steps yesterday on what was otherwise, NOT a good day...just precious and yes, I think even more exciting or just as, with baby # 3! And... Charlotte spent her first night in a big girl "princess, beautiful" bed (as she lovingly refers to it)...I must admit it was great to make it all up all pretty with cozy flannel rosebud sheets, all her custom nursery pillows in pinks and greens and toile. I used a sweet duvet cover and matching, long dust ruffle. The "crowning" beauty is the sweet, handpainted, french headboard that was my grandmother's...so special! I promise to take some pics and post this weekend. OK, I am off to be productive, after a hot shower, only 1 Bebe at home today and he is snoozing...ahh, peace and quiet!

4 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I would love to see some photos of Charlotte's sweet room! It sounds beautiful! It is also good to hear that someone else is going through the same battle right now. I keep telling myself that "this too will pass," but when you are in the middle of a sleepless night, it doesn't bring much comfort! Best of luck to you guys too!
Carrie

Twice as Nice said...

That is one good thing about cold weather....getting things cleaned. I plan on hitting some closets this weekend. I was trying to find a book for my son a few days ago and all I found was messy closets and drawers. I told him he's going to clean his room this weekend and of course he said "it's not dirty mom"!!

KK said...

Good luck with your playroom project! And please do post some pics of Charlotte's room; I'd love to see it!!!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh my those are so cozy!!!!! I just want to slip my toes in them!
-sandy toe

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home Mom to 3 precious children! I am lucky enough to be married to the kindest, cutest, sweetest man! I love to do anything creative especially scrapbooking, taking pics, baking and crafting with the kids! I love design and throwing parties (especially for my babies) I love to cook, and entertain. I love my friends, my family and my faith. I am always striving to create a lovely home-life and make memories to last a lifetime!

Followers