Baby Makes 5

Baby Makes 5

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Another New Year

2 weeks and 6 days til school starts...wow, I still just feel like time is flying by way too fast!  I start to feel panic set in right about August 1, every year...here are a few things that run thru my mind in the middle of the night...

Another year older (ie;  one more step out the door :(  !), what will this school year bring? good or bad?  (some of both, I know for sure!) , am I prepared?......healthy foods, meal plans for dinners, snacks, pantry cleaned and organized and ready, clothes and shoes bought, backpacks, supplies, blah, blah, blah...) I should start Christmas shopping, I should order Christmas cards (the early bird gets the worm, right?!).  This year feels different as I send my only daughter out into the big, bad school world where I am not so able to control her environment, where she will be gone from me longer than she ever has in her precious 6 years of life and that is a hard for pill for me to swallow!  8 hours a day, 5 days a week....sigh.  And then theres my little guy, my last, my baby, starting his journey to Preschool (watch out world) he is a "handful" and his brother and sister are POSITIVE he will be expelled within a few weeks of starting (they are just partially kidding Friends :) )...SO much to think about, to contemplate, to plan, to organize, to rejoice in, to feel sad and nostalgic about, to just plain want to freeze time or at least slow it down...but I know I can't so I take comfort in knowing they will be in the watchful eye of Him and He will be leading them thru there little lives...day by day, hour by hour. I pray they always know His Grace, His mercy, and His love!   And as their Mama, I have a great sense of peace about just that; I know they will be OK, better than OK!  They will soar....! Here is to a "new" year!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I'm with you, Amanda! My oldest starts Kindergarten in three weeks, and I am NOT ready. He's a bit nervous too, so that just makes it all so overwhelming. I have to be super-encouraging while my own heart is racing. Best of luck to a smooth slow start to the school year for you all.

Anonymous said...

Counting down the days here too my friend! Panic has set in here also :) xoxox

Mike & Tanya Koets said...

They will do just fine!!! They have been raised by two amazing parents that believe! XOXO

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home Mom to 3 precious children! I am lucky enough to be married to the kindest, cutest, sweetest man! I love to do anything creative especially scrapbooking, taking pics, baking and crafting with the kids! I love design and throwing parties (especially for my babies) I love to cook, and entertain. I love my friends, my family and my faith. I am always striving to create a lovely home-life and make memories to last a lifetime!

Followers