Baby Makes 5

Baby Makes 5

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Let It Snow...


More snow is on the way tonite...the kids are ready to build their first snowman of the season! The decorating is just about done and everything looks lovely and festive! The kids enjoy laying on the floor at night and looking at the tree and talking about all their favorite ornaments! I did a candy and sweets theme this year, I usually opt for something more dressy and fussy but the kids love the Nutcracker (the Land of Sweets) and so they have enjoyed seeing those goodies in our home. Campbell and Charlotte actually helped me make gum drop and peppermint topiaries last year as I was on bed rest waiting for our sweet Christain; an early Christmas blessing indeed! So, the topiaries have a very special place of honor on our mantle. All the "hoopla" is exhausting but soo worth it when you see the kids faces everyday and they anticipate Santa's arrival and all the excitement of this magical season. So...I am dying to know what you are doing? How are you decorating? Real or fake tree? Favorite decorations? Share, share, share!!!! ...I have been cooped up with sickies all week, I need some inspiration!
PS- I'll post some decor pics this week too...

4 comments:

nikybuttons said...

I have a Martha Stewart "KIDS" Christmas magazine that has homemade candy ornaments in it. One year I did a small tree for Genna with it, I still have the ornaments and they are adorable! So cute to have a tree on their dresser or in their room. Genna's had pink silk ribbon trim and a gingerbread girl for the top!
Susan

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I am so behind...no tree yet, the decorations are mostly scattered around my house. I need to get my act together like you!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

The candy and sweets theme sounds darling, just like the photos of your little elves! The picture with Santa is so cute!

We have not yet put up the tree... arrghh! But we do have the giant wreath outside and our little candles lit in all the windows, so we are getting there!

Love your blog!
tp

Lori said...

Oh how wonderful to enjoy the snow! I look forward to the decor pictures!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home Mom to 3 precious children! I am lucky enough to be married to the kindest, cutest, sweetest man! I love to do anything creative especially scrapbooking, taking pics, baking and crafting with the kids! I love design and throwing parties (especially for my babies) I love to cook, and entertain. I love my friends, my family and my faith. I am always striving to create a lovely home-life and make memories to last a lifetime!

Followers